The end of summer and the beginning of fall is a beautiful time of year to enjoy a walk through the grounds at Woodlawn Memorial Park. Our roads are paved, our beautiful tree canopy provides plenty of shade during the hot summer days, and the changing fall colours are a sight to behold.
Enjoy A Healthy Walk
During your walk, slow down and take the time to notice our beautiful and historic monuments, admire our trees, and listen to the sounds of birds and many other animals. Enjoy peace and tranquility right in the heart of the city in our 80 acre grounds.
You read that right, we have 80 acres to explore — and we have plenty of space remaining where we will continue to grow and develop for future generations.
Below are a few tips for you to keep in mind when walking, as well as a few benefits:
- During your walk you should be able to maintain a conversation. If you’re finding it difficult to achieve this, then slow down a bit and take a few deep breaths.
- Taking controlled breaths will help to control your blood pressure.
- The act of walking will help to strengthen your heart so it can pump with less effort and put less pressure on your arteries.
- Walking decreases your risk of a heart attack.
- Walking improves sleep habits.
- Walking improves mental health — and regular walking has been associated with reduced anxiety, tension, depression, and improved self-esteem.
Thanks to Hike Ontario & AARP for the Information about healthy walking.
When you’re ready to go on your next walk, head to Woodlawn Memorial Park where our cemetery roads total 4km. Stop into our office to say hello and pick up some helpful walking brochures.
We look forward to seeing you soon. For additional information on Woodlawn Memorial Park and to learn a bit more about our services and our grounds, click here.